Healthcare stocks remained flat on Wednesday morning on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was unchanged, the Nasdaq stayed the same and the S&P 500 remained flat.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Acorda Therapeutics (ACOR): ACOR stock is up 5.7% today.
- Shire Plc American Depositary Shares (SHPG): SHPG stock is up 4.7% to a new 52-week high of $195.73.
- Wuxi Pharmatech [Cayman] Inc (WX): WX stock is up 3.7% today.
- Actavis Inc (ACT): ACT stock is up 2.0%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Keryx Biopharmaceuticals (KERX): KERX stock is up 1.3% today.
- Qiagen N.V. (QGEN): QGEN stock is up 1.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Forest Laboratories (FRX): FRX stock is up 1.5%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Medtronic Inc (MDT): MDT stock is up 1.5% today.
- Biogen Idec Inc (BIIB): BIIB stock is up 1.0% today.
- Covidien Plc. (COV): COV stock is up 1.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- China Biologic Products (CBPO): CBPO stock is down 8.4% today.
- Opko Health Inc (OPK): OPK stock is down 2.9% today.
- Puma Biotechnology (PBYI): PBYI stock is down 2.3% today.
- Hms Holdings Corp (HMSY): HMSY stock is down 2.6% today.
- Exact Sciences Corp (EXAS): EXAS stock is down 2.2% today.
- Celldex Therapeutics Inc (CLDX): CLDX stock is down 2.7% today.
- Nektar Therapeutics (NKTR): NKTR stock is down 1.9% today.
- The Medicines Company (MDCO): MDCO stock is down 1.7% today.
- Express Scripts (ESRX): ESRX stock is down 1.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Taro Pharm Inds (TARO): TARO stock is down 1.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.