Healthcare stocks finished up 0.1% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.7%, the Nasdaq was up 0.8% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.7%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Acorda Therapeutics (ACOR): ACOR stock is up 2.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Universal Health Services (UHS): UHS stock is up 2.7% to a new 52-week high of $95.26.
- Hca Holdings Inc. Common Stock (HCA): HCA stock is up 2.7% to a new 52-week high of $56.26.
- Conmed Corp (CNMD): CNMD stock is up 2.7% today.
- Tornier N.V. (TRNX): TRNX stock is up 2.7% today and up 23.4% in the last month.
- Icon Plc (ICLR): ICLR stock is up 2.7%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Hms Holdings Corp (HMSY): HMSY stock is up 2.7% today.
- Msa Safety Inc. (MSA): MSA stock is up 2.6% today.
- Healthsouth Corp (HLS): HLS stock is up 2.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Ironwood Pharmaceuticals (IRWD): IRWD stock is up 2.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Amerisourcebergen Corp (ABC): ABC stock is down 1.2% today.
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals (REGN): REGN stock is down 1.1% today.
- Sirona Dental Systems (SIRO): SIRO stock is down 0.8% today.
- Mckesson Corp (MCK): MCK stock is down 0.6% today.
- Acadia Healthcare Company Inc (ACHC): ACHC stock is down 0.6% today.
- Quest Diagnostics Inc (DGX): DGX stock is down 0.5% today.
- Cardinal Health (CAH): CAH stock is down 0.5% today.
- Intuitive Surgical (ISRG): ISRG stock is down 0.4% today.
- Gilead Sciences (GILD): GILD stock is down 0.3% today.
- Pdl Biopharma (PDLI): PDLI stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.