Healthcare stocks rose 0.7% on Wall Street on Monday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was unchanged, the Nasdaq was up 0.1% and the S&P 500 stayed consistent.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Covidien Plc. (COV): COV stock is up 23.9% to a new 52-week high of $89.23.
- Theravance (THRX): THRX stock is up 5.9% today.
- Isis Pharmaceuticals (ISIS): ISIS stock is up 4.0% today and up 37.1% in the last month.
- Exact Sciences Corp (EXAS): EXAS stock is up 3.9% to a new 52-week high of $16.15.
- Alnylam Pharmaceuticals (ALNY): ALNY stock is up 4.5% today and up 24.3% in the last month.
- United Therapeutics Corp (UTHR): UTHR stock is up 4.0% today.
- Celldex Therapeutics Inc (CLDX): CLDX stock is up 4.1% today and up 27.3% in the last month.
- Sangamo Biosciences (SGMO): SGMO stock is up 3.9% today and up 24.4% in the last month.
- Neogen Corp (NEOG): NEOG stock is up 3.3% today.
- Auxilium Pharmaceuticals (AUXL): AUXL stock is up 2.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc (VRTX): VRTX stock is down 4.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Puma Biotechnology (PBYI): PBYI stock is down 2.7% today.
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals International (VRX): VRX stock is down 1.4%, marking the 10th consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Allergan Inc (AGN): AGN stock is down 0.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Salix Pharmaceuticals (SLXP): SLXP stock is down 1.1% today.
- Hanger Orthopedic Group (HGR): HGR stock is down 0.6% today.
- Quest Diagnostics Inc (DGX): DGX stock is down 0.5% today.
- Examworks Group (EXAM): EXAM stock is down 0.5% today.
- Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings (LH): LH stock is down 0.4%, marking the seventh consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Taro Pharm Inds (TARO): TARO stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.