Healthcare stocks finished down broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.3%, the Nasdaq was steady and the S&P 500 fell 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Examworks Group (EXAM): EXAM stock is up 4.0% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Actavis Inc (ACT): ACT stock is up 1.6% today.
- Forest Laboratories (FRX): FRX stock is up 1.4% today.
- Acorda Therapeutics (ACOR): ACOR stock is up 1.3% today.
- Perrigo Company (PRGO): PRGO stock is up 1.3% today.
- Qiagen N.V. (QGEN): QGEN stock is up 1.3%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Salix Pharmaceuticals (SLXP): SLXP stock is up 1.2%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Mylan Inc (MYL): MYL stock is up 0.9% today.
- Mckesson Corp (MCK): MCK stock is up 0.8% today.
- Resmed Inc (RMD): RMD stock is up 0.8%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- NPS Pharmaceuticals (NPSP): NPSP stock is down 3.1% today.
- Myriad Genetics (MYGN): MYGN stock is down 2.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Ligand Pharmaceuticals Inc (LGND): LGND stock is down 2.7% today.
- Exact Sciences Corp (EXAS): EXAS stock is down 2.0% today.
- Keryx Biopharmaceuticals (KERX): KERX stock is down 1.7% today.
- Align Technology (ALGN): ALGN stock is down 1.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Opko Health Inc (OPK): OPK stock is down 1.5% today.
- Biogen Idec Inc (BIIB): BIIB stock is down 1.5% today.
- Incyte Corp (INCY): INCY stock is down 1.5% today.
- Abbott Laboratories (ABT): ABT stock is down 1.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.