Healthcare stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Thursday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed consistent, the Nasdaq was unchanged and the S&P 500 stayed level.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Pacira Pharmaceuticals (PCRX): PCRX stock is up 2.0% today.
- Intuitive Surgical (ISRG): ISRG stock is up 1.4% today.
- Shire Plc American Depositary Shares (SHPG): SHPG stock is up 1.4% to a new 52-week high of $234.29.
- Biogen Idec Inc (BIIB): BIIB stock is up 1.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Sirona Dental Systems (SIRO): SIRO stock is up 0.9% to a new 52-week high of $82.08.
- Allergan Inc (AGN): AGN stock is up 0.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Hms Holdings Corp (HMSY): HMSY stock is up 0.9% today.
- Isis Pharmaceuticals (ISIS): ISIS stock is up 0.8% today.
- Emeritus Corp (ESC): ESC stock is up 0.8% today.
- Medtronic Inc (MDT): MDT stock is up 0.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Auxilium Pharmaceuticals (AUXL): AUXL stock is down 2.5% today on 5 times normal volume.
- Pdl Biopharma (PDLI): PDLI stock is down 2.5% today.
- Halozyme Therapeutics (HALO): HALO stock is down 2.0% today.
- Hanger Orthopedic Group (HGR): HGR stock is down 1.9% today.
- Neogen Corp (NEOG): NEOG stock is down 1.8% today.
- Questcor Pharmaceuticals (QCOR): QCOR stock is down 1.5% today.
- Lifepoint Hospitals (LPNT): LPNT stock is down 1.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Tornier N.V. (TRNX): TRNX stock is down 1.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Covance Inc (CVD): CVD stock is down 1.2% today.
- Healthsouth Corp (HLS): HLS stock is down 1.1%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.