Healthcare stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.2%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.4% and the S&P 500 increased 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Theravance (THRX): THRX stock is up 4.9% today.
- Medtronic Inc (MDT): MDT stock is up 3.6% to a new 52-week high of $63.22.
- Halozyme Therapeutics (HALO): HALO stock is up 2.4% today.
- Cantel Medical (CMN): CMN stock is up 2.3% today.
- Acorda Therapeutics (ACOR): ACOR stock is up 2.1% today.
- Celgene Corp (CELG): CELG stock is up 2.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings (LH): LH stock is up 1.8% today.
- Celldex Therapeutics Inc (CLDX): CLDX stock is up 1.7% today.
- Cubist Pharmaceuticals (CBST): CBST stock is up 1.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Sirona Dental Systems (SIRO): SIRO stock is up 1.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Actavis Inc (ACT): ACT stock is down 2.0% today.
- Auxilium Pharmaceuticals (AUXL): AUXL stock is down 1.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Forest Laboratories (FRX): FRX stock is down 1.5% today.
- Questcor Pharmaceuticals (QCOR): QCOR stock is down 1.2% today.
- Salix Pharmaceuticals (SLXP): SLXP stock is down 1.0% today.
- Opko Health Inc (OPK): OPK stock is down 0.9% today.
- Perrigo Company (PRGO): PRGO stock is down 0.7% today.
- Puma Biotechnology (PBYI): PBYI stock is down 0.7% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Wuxi Pharmatech [Cayman] Inc (WX): WX stock is down 0.6% today.
- Endo Pharmaceuticals Holdings Inc (ENDP): ENDP stock is down 0.5%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.