Technology stocks rose 0.4% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.5%, the Nasdaq rose 0.6% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among technology stocks include:
- Sunedison Inc (SUNE): SUNE stock is up 3.7% today.
- Mellanox Technologies (MLNX): MLNX stock is up 3.3% today.
- Insight Enterprises (NSIT): NSIT stock is up 3.0% to a new 52-week high of $29.48.
- Brocade Communications Systems (BRCD): BRCD stock is up 2.5% today.
- Vmware Inc (VMW): VMW stock is up 2.5% today.
- Linkedin (LNKD): LNKD stock is up 2.3% today.
- Ingram Micro Inc (IM): IM stock is up 2.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- First Solar (FSLR): FSLR stock is up 2.1% today.
- Fei Company (FEIC): FEIC stock is up 2.1% today.
- Synaptics Inc (SYNA): SYNA stock is up 2.1% today and up 48.1% in the last month.
Some of the biggest losers among technology stocks include:
- Hollysys Automation Technologies (HOLI): HOLI stock is down 2.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Cogent Communications Group (CCOI): CCOI stock is down 1.7%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Amdocs Limited (DOX): DOX stock is down 1.5% today.
- General Cable Corp (BGC): BGC stock is down 1.4% today.
- Open Text Corp (OTEX): OTEX stock is down 1.2% today.
- Hewlett-Packard Company (HPQ): HPQ stock is down 1.1% today.
- Rackspace Hosting Inc (RAX): RAX stock is down 1.0% today.
- Arm Holdings Plc (ARMH): ARMH stock is down 1.0% today.
- Canon Inc (CAJ): CAJ stock is down 1.0% today.
- Kyocera Corp (KYO): KYO stock is down 1.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.