Transportation stocks finished up 0.8% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.7%, the Nasdaq increased 0.8% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.7% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- Heartland Express (HTLD): HTLD stock is up 2.9% today.
- Alexander and Baldwin Inc (ALEX): ALEX stock is up 2.3% today.
- Seacor Smit Inc (CKH): CKH stock is up 2.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Canadian Pacific Railway (CP): CP stock is up 1.8% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Ship Finance International (SFL): SFL stock is up 1.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Macquarie Infrastructure Company Trust (MIC): MIC stock is up 1.7% today.
- Kansas City Southern (KSU): KSU stock is up 1.5% today.
- Old Dominion Freight Line (ODFL): ODFL stock is up 1.4% today.
- Hornbeck Offshore Services (HOS): HOS stock is up 1.3% today.
- Grupo Aeroportuario Del Centro (OMAB): OMAB stock is up 1.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
Only one stock in the transportation sectors showed losses:
- Fedex Corp (FDX): FDX stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.