Transportation stocks rose 0.3% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.2%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.4% and the S&P 500 was up 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- Jetblue Airways Corp (JBLU): JBLU stock is up 2.8% to a new 52-week high of $10.88.
- Uti Worldwide Inc (UTIW): UTIW stock is up 1.2% today.
- Spirit Airlines Inc (SAVE): SAVE stock is up 0.9% today on 6 times normal volume.
- Seacor Smit Inc (CKH): CKH stock is up 0.7% today.
- Heartland Express (HTLD): HTLD stock is up 0.5% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Ryanair Holdings Plc (RYAAY): RYAAY stock is up 0.6%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Hub Group (HUBG): HUBG stock is up 0.6% today.
- Golar Lng Limited (GLNG): GLNG stock is up 0.4% today and up 27.5% in the last month.
- Alaska Air Group (ALK): ALK stock is up 0.6% today.
- Ship Finance International (SFL): SFL stock is up 0.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among transportation stocks include:
- Grupo Aeroportuario Del Pacifico (PAC): PAC stock is down 1.9% today.
- Dryships Inc (DRYS): DRYS stock is down 0.9% today.
- Alexander and Baldwin Inc (ALEX): ALEX stock is down 0.7% today.
- Latam Airlines Group Sa (LFL): LFL stock is down 0.4% today.
- Macquarie Infrastructure Company Trust (MIC): MIC stock is down 0.2% today.
- Kirby Corp (KEX): KEX stock is down 0.2% today.
- Genesee & Wyoming (GWR): GWR stock is down 0.2% today.
- Fedex Corp (FDX): FDX stock is down 0.1% today.
- Costamare Inc (CMRE): CMRE stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.