Utilities stocks rose 0.3% on Wall Street on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.7%, the Nasdaq declined 0.9% and the S&P 500 was down 0.7%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Duke Energy Corp (DUK): DUK stock is up 1.4% today.
- Companhia Paranaense De Energia (ELP): ELP stock is up 1.3% today.
- Teco Energy (TE): TE stock is up 1.0% today.
- Northeast Utilities (NU): NU stock is up 0.9% today.
- Southern Company (SO): SO stock is up 0.9% today.
- NiSource Inc (NI): NI stock is up 0.8% today.
- Piedmont Natural Gas Company (PNY): PNY stock is up 0.8% today.
- Nextera Energy (NEE): NEE stock is up 0.8% today.
- Northwestern Corp (NWE): NWE stock is up 0.7% today.
- Xcel Energy Inc (XEL): XEL stock is up 0.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Trident Performance Group (TCP): TCP stock is down 1.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Cheniere Energy (LNG): LNG stock is down 1.4% today.
- Atlas Energy Llc (ATLS): ATLS stock is down 1.2% today.
- Western Gas Partners LP (WES): WES stock is down 1.0% today.
- NRG Energy (NRG): NRG stock is down 1.0% today.
- Crestwood Midstream Partners LP (CMLP): CMLP stock is down 0.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- California Water Service Group Holding (CWT): CWT stock is down 0.6% today.
- PPL Corp (PPL): PPL stock is down 0.6% today.
- Enlink Midstream Partners LP (ENLK): ENLK stock is down 0.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Targa Resources (TRGP): TRGP stock is down 0.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.