Utilities stocks declined 0.2% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed level, the Nasdaq climbed 0.2% and the S&P 500 was unchanged.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Spectra Energy Partners LP (SEP): SEP stock is up 0.7% today.
- Northwestern Corp (NWE): NWE stock is up 0.5% today.
- Hawaiian Electric Industries (HE): HE stock is up 0.3% today.
- Potomac Electric Power Company (POM): POM stock is up 0.3% today.
- Enterprise Products Partners L.P. (EPD): EPD stock is up 0.2% today.
- Empire District Electric Company (EDE): EDE stock is up 0.2%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Targa Resources (TRGP): TRGP stock is up 0.1% today.
- Oneok Partners L.P. (OKS): OKS stock is up 0.1%, marking the eighth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Mge Energy Inc (MGEE): MGEE stock is up 0.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- NiSource Inc (NI): NI stock is down 1.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- South Jersey Industries (SJI): SJI stock is down 1.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Portland General Electric Company (POR): POR stock is down 0.9% today.
- Sempra Energy (SRE): SRE stock is down 0.8% today.
- Piedmont Natural Gas Company (PNY): PNY stock is down 0.8% today.
- Xcel Energy Inc (XEL): XEL stock is down 0.8% today.
- Ugi Corp (UGI): UGI stock is down 0.8% today.
- El Paso Pipeline Partners LP (EPB): EPB stock is down 0.7% today.
- The Aes Corp (AES): AES stock is down 0.7% today.
- Atmos Energy Corp (ATO): ATO stock is down 0.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.