Utilities stocks advanced 0.6% on Wall Street so far on Monday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.1%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.2% higher and the S&P 500 increased 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Williams Partners L.P. (WPZ): WPZ stock is up 6.5% to a new 52-week high of $56.37.
- Centerpoint Energy Inc (CNP): CNP stock is up 1.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Energy Transfer Equity LP (ETE): ETE stock is up 1.4% today.
- Huaneng Power Intl (HNP): HNP stock is up 1.2% today.
- Exelon Corp (EXC): EXC stock is up 1.3% today.
- Cheniere Energy (LNG): LNG stock is up 1.1% today.
- Avista Corp (AVA): AVA stock is up 1.4% today.
- Idacorp Inc (IDA): IDA stock is up 0.8% today.
- NiSource Inc (NI): NI stock is up 0.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Crestwood Midstream Partners LP (CMLP): CMLP stock is up 0.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Cpfl Energia S.A. (CPL): CPL stock is down 2.2% today.
- Comp En De Mn Cemig Ads (CIG): CIG stock is down 0.9% today.
- Korea Electric Power Corp (KEP): KEP stock is down 0.7% today.
- Companhia Paranaense De Energia (ELP): ELP stock is down 1.0% today.
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is down 0.9% today.
- Spectra Energy Partners LP (SEP): SEP stock is down 0.9% today.
- Cia De Saneamento Basico Do Estado (SBS): SBS stock is down 0.9% today.
- Cheniere Energy Partners LP (CQP): CQP stock is down 0.7% today.
- Boardwalk Pipeline Partners L.P. (BWP): BWP stock is down 1.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.