Basic materials stocks remained flat on Thursday morning on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.1% higher, the Nasdaq rose 0.1% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Clearwater Paper Corp (CLW): CLW stock is up 7.2% today.
- Graphic Packaging Holding Company (GPK): GPK stock is up 6.3% today.
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is up 4.7% today.
- Teck Resources Ltd (TCK): TCK stock is up 4.4% today.
- Fibria Celulose S.A. (FBR): FBR stock is up 4.0% today.
- Kaiser Aluminum Corp (KALU): KALU stock is up 3.7% today.
- Intrepid Potash Inc (IPI): IPI stock is up 2.1% today.
- Potash Corp. of Saskatchewan Inc (POT): POT stock is up 2.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Kapstone Paper and Packaging Corp (KS): KS stock is up 2.2% today.
- Copene-Petroquimica Do Nordeste (BAK): BAK stock is up 1.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Domtar Corp (UFS): UFS stock is down 8.3% today.
- Precision Castparts Corp (PCP): PCP stock is down 4.2% today.
- Reliance Steel & Aluminum Company (RS): RS stock is down 3.9% today.
- Novagold Resources Inc (NG): NG stock is down 3.0% today.
- Freeport-Mcmoran Copper & Gold (FCX): FCX stock is down 2.5% today.
- Compania Mina Buenaventura S.A. (BVN): BVN stock is down 2.1%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Valhi Inc (VHI): VHI stock is down 2.2% today.
- Iamgold Corp (IAG): IAG stock is down 2.1%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Sun Hydraulics Corp (SNHY): SNHY stock is down 2.1% today.
- Cliffs Natural Resources Inc (CLF): CLF stock is down 1.9% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.