Basic materials stocks fell on Wall Street so far on Monday, down 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.3%, the Nasdaq declined 0.3% and the S&P 500 was down 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Steel Dynamics (STLD): STLD stock is up 6.5% today.
- Polypore International Inc (PPO): PPO stock is up 2.7% today.
- United States Steel Corp (X): X stock is up 1.9% today.
- Green Plains Renewable Energy (GPRE): GPRE stock is up 1.0% today.
- Hudbay Minerals Inc (HBM): HBM stock is up 1.4% today.
- Cytec Industries Inc (CYT): CYT stock is up 0.8% today.
- Cameco Corp (CCJ): CCJ stock is up 0.8%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Celanese Corp (CE): CE stock is up 0.8% today.
- Pohang Iron & Steel Co. (PKX): PKX stock is up 0.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Fibria Celulose S.A. (FBR): FBR stock is down 2.6%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- International Paper Company (IP): IP stock is down 2.4% today.
- Graphic Packaging Holding Company (GPK): GPK stock is down 1.9% today.
- Kapstone Paper and Packaging Corp (KS): KS stock is down 1.8% today.
- Packaging Corporation of America (PKG): PKG stock is down 1.5% today.
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is down 1.8% today.
- Gerdau S.A. (GGB): GGB stock is down 1.5%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Ferro Corp (FOE): FOE stock is down 1.8% today.
- Glatfelter (GLT): GLT stock is down 1.4% today.
- Domtar Corp (UFS): UFS stock is down 1.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.