Basic materials stocks declined 0.8% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.3%, the Nasdaq was down 0.3% and the S&P 500 fell 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Stillwater Mining Company (SWC): SWC stock is up 0.7% to a new 52-week high of $18.54.
- Teck Resources Ltd (TCK): TCK stock is up 0.6% today.
- Fibria Celulose S.A. (FBR): FBR stock is up 0.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Compass Minerals Intl Inc (CMP): CMP stock is up 0.3% to $96.79, near the 52-week high of $97.22.
- Ternium S.A. (TX): TX stock is up 0.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Sun Hydraulics Corp (SNHY): SNHY stock is down 3.7% today.
- Encore Wire Corp (WIRE): WIRE stock is down 2.9% today.
- First Majestic Silver (AG): AG stock is down 2.8% today.
- Aurico Gold Inc (AUQ): AUQ stock is down 2.5% today.
- Greif Bros. Corp (GEF.B): GEF.B stock is down 2.4%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Balchem Corp (BCPC): BCPC stock is down 2.3% today.
- Huntsman Corp (HUN): HUN stock is down 2.3% today.
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is down 2.3% today.
- Innospec Inc (IOSP): IOSP stock is down 2.2% today.
- Carpenter Technology Corp (CRS): CRS stock is down 2.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.