Basic materials stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.7%, the Nasdaq was up 1.1% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.7% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Ternium S.A. (TX): TX stock is up 2.5% today.
- Green Plains Renewable Energy (GPRE): GPRE stock is up 2.5% to a new 52-week high of $33.70.
- A. Schulman (SHLM): SHLM stock is up 2.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Glatfelter (GLT): GLT stock is up 2.1% today.
- Om Group (OMG): OMG stock is up 1.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Schweitzer-Mauduit International (SWM): SWM stock is up 1.8% today.
- Bhp Billiton Plc (BBL): BBL stock is up 1.8%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Rexnord Corp (RXN): RXN stock is up 1.7% today.
- Commercial Metals Company (CMC): CMC stock is up 1.7% today.
- Olin Corp (OLN): OLN stock is up 1.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Iamgold Corp (IAG): IAG stock is down 1.7% today.
- Cvr Partners LP Common Units R (UAN): UAN stock is down 1.5% today.
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is down 1.3% today.
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is down 1.0% today.
- Goldcorp Inc (GG): GG stock is down 0.9% today.
- Greif Bros. Corp (GEF.B): GEF.B stock is down 0.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Pan American Silver (PAAS): PAAS stock is down 0.7% today.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is down 0.6% today.
- PPG Industries (PPG): PPG stock is down 0.6% today.
- Leucadia National Corp (LUK): LUK stock is down 0.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.