Capital goods stocks rose 0.8% on Wall Street on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.5%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.6% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.5% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Altra Holdings (AIMC): AIMC stock is up 1.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Mastec Inc (MTZ): MTZ stock is up 1.8% today.
- Empresas Ica Soc Contrladora (ICA): ICA stock is up 1.7% today.
- SPX Corp (SPW): SPW stock is up 1.5% to a new 52-week high of $111.22.
- Sensata Technologies Holding N.V. (ST): ST stock is up 1.4% to a new 52-week high of $47.39.
- Msc Industrial Direct Company (MSM): MSM stock is up 1.4% today.
- Vulcan Materials Company (VMC): VMC stock is up 1.3% today.
- Lindsay Corp (LNN): LNN stock is up 1.3%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Joy Global Inc (JOY): JOY stock is up 1.3% today.
- Tennant Company (TNC): TNC stock is up 1.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Louisiana-Pacific Corp (LPX): LPX stock is down 0.7% today.
- Martin Marietta Materials (MLM): MLM stock is down 0.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Chicago Bridge & Iron Company N.V. (CBI): CBI stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.