Capital goods stocks declined broadly on Wall Street so far on Thursday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.1%, the Nasdaq was unchanged and the S&P 500 declined 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Dresser-Rand Group Inc (DRC): DRC stock is up 16.7% today.
- U.S. Silica Holdings Inc (SLCA): SLCA stock is up 1.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Embraer-Empresa Brasileira De Aeronautica (ERJ): ERJ stock is up 1.6% today.
- Alliant Techsystems Inc (ATK): ATK stock is up 0.6% today.
- Elbit Systems Ltd (ESLT): ESLT stock is up 0.5% today.
- Heico Cp Cl A (HEI.A): HEI.A stock is up 0.3% today.
- Northrop Grumman Corp (NOC): NOC stock is up 0.6%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- L-3 Communications Holdings (LLL): LLL stock is up 0.5%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Lockheed Martin Corp (LMT): LMT stock is up 0.6% today.
- Wesco Aircraft Holdings Inc (WAIR): WAIR stock is up 0.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Colfax Corp (CFX): CFX stock is down 6.4% today.
- Watsco Inc (WSO): WSO stock is down 4.3% today.
- D.R. Horton (DHI): DHI stock is down 2.5% today.
- Ryland Group (RYL): RYL stock is down 2.0% today.
- Lennox International (LII): LII stock is down 2.1% today.
- M.D.C. Holdings (MDC): MDC stock is down 1.9% today.
- Meritage Corp (MTH): MTH stock is down 1.8% today.
- Lennar Corp (LEN.B): LEN.B stock is down 1.6% today.
- KB Home (KBH): KBH stock is down 1.8% today.
- Toll Brothers Inc (TOL): TOL stock is down 1.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.