Consumer cyclical stocks rose 0.1% on Wall Street on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.1%, the Nasdaq increased 0.2% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- G-III Apparel Group (GIII): GIII stock is up 0.8% today.
- Sturm Ruger & Company (RGR): RGR stock is up 0.3%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Cooper Tire & Rubber Company (CTB): CTB stock is up 0.2% today.
- Allison Transmission Holdings (ALSN): ALSN stock is up 0.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Phillips-Van Heusen Corp (PVH): PVH stock is up 0.1% today.
- Konami Corp (KNM): KNM stock is up 0.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- Arvinmeritor (MTOR): MTOR stock is down 1.9% today.
- Steven Madden (SHOO): SHOO stock is down 1.7% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Wolverine World Wide (WWW): WWW stock is down 1.4% today.
- Hon Industries Inc (HNI): HNI stock is down 1.3% today.
- Bally Technologies (BYI): BYI stock is down 1.3% today.
- Mohawk Industries (MHK): MHK stock is down 1.2% today.
- Rush Enterprises (RUSHB): RUSHB stock is down 1.0% today.
- Federal-Mogul Corp (FDML): FDML stock is down 0.9% today.
- Herman Miller (MLHR): MLHR stock is down 0.8% today.
- Tenneco Automotive (TEN): TEN stock is down 0.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.