Consumer cyclical stocks advanced 0.5% on Wall Street on Thursday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.1% higher, the Nasdaq rose 0.1% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- Under Armour (UA): UA stock is up 10.1% today.
- Skechers U.S.A. (SKX): SKX stock is up 7.4% today.
- Jarden Corp (JAH): JAH stock is up 6.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Hanesbrands Inc (HBI): HBI stock is up 5.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Dana Holding Corp (DAN): DAN stock is up 3.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Brunswick Corp (BC): BC stock is up 3.8% today.
- Sony Corp (SNE): SNE stock is up 2.7% today.
- Irobot Corp (IRBT): IRBT stock is up 2.9% today.
- V.F. Corp (VFC): VFC stock is up 1.7% today.
- Columbia Sportswear Company (COLM): COLM stock is up 1.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- Dunkin’ Brands Group Inc (DNKN): DNKN stock is down 4.3% today.
- General Motors Company (GM): GM stock is down 2.0% today.
- Gentherm Inc (THRM): THRM stock is down 1.0% today.
- Tata Motors Ltd (TTM): TTM stock is down 0.8% today.
- Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company (GT): GT stock is down 0.6% today.
- Shutterfly (SFLY): SFLY stock is down 0.9% today.
- Hyster-Yale Materials Handling (HY): HY stock is down 0.6% today.
- American Axle & Manufacturing (AXL): AXL stock is down 0.6% today.
- Oshkosh Truck Corp (OSK): OSK stock is down 0.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.