Consumer noncyclical stocks fell broadly on Wall Street on Tuesday morning, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.2%, the Nasdaq increased 0.2% and the S&P 500 rose 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Coca Cola Hellenic Bottling Co (CCH): CCH stock is up 1.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- The Whitewave Foods Company (WWAV): WWAV stock is up 1.7% today.
- Nu Skin Enterprises (NUS): NUS stock is up 1.4% today.
- Estee Lauder Companies (EL): EL stock is up 1.0% today.
- Mead Johnson Nutrition Company (MJN): MJN stock is up 0.8% today.
- The Andersons (ANDE): ANDE stock is up 0.6% today.
- Cal-Maine Foods (CALM): CALM stock is up 0.8%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Church & Dwight Company (CHD): CHD stock is up 0.7% today.
- Pilgrim’s Pride Corp (PPC): PPC stock is up 0.6% today and up 21.9% in the last month.
- Kimberly-Clark Corp (KMB): KMB stock is up 0.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Lorillard Inc (LO): LO stock is down 7.0% today.
- Reynolds American Inc (RAI): RAI stock is down 3.4% today.
- Campbell Soup Company (CPB): CPB stock is down 2.4% today.
- Altria Group (MO): MO stock is down 1.8% today.
- Embotell Andna Sa B (AKO.B): AKO.B stock is down 1.5%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Kellogg Company (K): K stock is down 1.5% today.
- Philip Morris International Inc (PM): PM stock is down 1.2% today.
- British American Tobacco Industries (BTI): BTI stock is down 0.9% today.
- Adecoagro S.A. (AGRO): AGRO stock is down 0.9% today.
- Vector Group Ltd (VGR): VGR stock is down 0.9% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.