Consumer noncyclical stocks finished up 0.2% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.7%, the Nasdaq climbed 1.1% and the S&P 500 rose 0.7%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Tupperware Corp (TUP): TUP stock is up 1.8% today.
- Conagra Foods (CAG): CAG stock is up 1.4%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- British American Tobacco Industries (BTI): BTI stock is up 1.1% today.
- Brown Forman Inc A (BF.A): BF.A stock is up 1.0% today on 3 times normal volume.
- J & J Snack Foods (JJSF): JJSF stock is up 1.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Owens Corning Inc (OC): OC stock is up 0.9% today.
- Starbucks Corp (SBUX): SBUX stock is up 0.9% today.
- Procter & Gamble Company (PG): PG stock is up 0.9% today.
- Fresh Del Monte Produce (FDP): FDP stock is up 0.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Treehouse Foods (THS): THS stock is up 0.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Post Holdings Inc. (POST): POST stock is down 1.8% today.
- Embotell Andina Sa A (AKO.A): AKO.A stock is down 1.5% today.
- The Whitewave Foods Company (WWAV): WWAV stock is down 0.8% today.
- Avon Products (AVP): AVP stock is down 0.5% today.
- Hormel Foods Corp (HRL): HRL stock is down 0.3% today.
- Anheuser-Busch Inbev Sa (BUD): BUD stock is down 0.1% today.
- Philip Morris International Inc (PM): PM stock is down 0.1%, marking the eighth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.