Consumer noncyclical stocks finished down 1.7% on Wall Street on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 2.0%, the Nasdaq fell 2.0% and the S&P 500 was down 2.0%.
Only one stock in the consumer noncyclical sectors showed gains:
- Vector Group Ltd (VGR): VGR stock is up 0.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Lancaster Colony Corp (LANC): LANC stock is down 3.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- General Mills (GIS): GIS stock is down 2.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Tyson Foods (TSN): TSN stock is down 2.8% today on 6 times normal volume.
- Campbell Soup Company (CPB): CPB stock is down 2.7%, marking the eighth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Mondelez International Inc. Cl A (MDLZ): MDLZ stock is down 2.6% today.
- Ingredion Inc (INGR): INGR stock is down 2.5% today on 2 times normal volume.
- United Stationers Inc (USTR): USTR stock is down 2.4% today.
- Hershey Foods Corp (HSY): HSY stock is down 2.4% today.
- Seaboard Corp (SEB): SEB stock is down 2.3% today.
- J.M. Smucker Company (SJM): SJM stock is down 2.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.