Energy stocks finished down 0.6% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed consistent, the Nasdaq rose 0.4% and the S&P 500 stayed the same.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Cosan Limited (CZZ): CZZ stock is up 1.3% today.
- BP P.L.C. (BP): BP stock is up 1.1% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Pacific Drilling S.A. (PACD): PACD stock is up 0.5% today.
- Energen Corp (EGN): EGN stock is up 0.4% today.
- Ep Energy Corp (EPE): EPE stock is up 0.3% today.
- Cnooc Limited (CEO): CEO stock is up 0.3% today.
- Oil States International (OIS): OIS stock is up 0.2% today.
- Helix Energy Solutions Group (HLX): HLX stock is up 0.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Comstock Resources (CRK): CRK stock is down 4.2% today.
- Wpx Energy Inc. Common Stock W (WPX): WPX stock is down 3.4% today.
- Halcon Resources (HK): HK stock is down 2.9% today.
- Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI): CWEI stock is down 2.8% today.
- Pioneer Energy Services Corp (PES): PES stock is down 2.5% today.
- Williams Companies (WMB): WMB stock is down 2.4% today.
- Nustar Energy L.P. (NS): NS stock is down 2.2% today.
- Nustar Gp Holdings Llc (NSH): NSH stock is down 2.2% today.
- Patterson-Uti Energy (PTEN): PTEN stock is down 2.1% today.
- Noble Energy Inc (NBL): NBL stock is down 2.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.