Energy stocks declined broadly on Wall Street on Thursday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 2.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 2.0%, the Nasdaq declined 2.0% and the S&P 500 fell 2.0%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Hollyfrontier Corp (HFC): HFC stock is up 2.4% today.
- Valero Energy Corp (VLO): VLO stock is up 1.5% today.
- Suburban Propane Partners L.P. (SPH): SPH stock is up 0.6% today.
- Comstock Resources (CRK): CRK stock is up 0.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Unit Corp (UNT): UNT stock is down 4.8% today.
- Laredo Petroleum Holdings Inc (LPI): LPI stock is down 4.5% today.
- Bill Barrett Corp (BBG): BBG stock is down 4.4% today.
- Precision Drilling Corp (PDS): PDS stock is down 4.2% today.
- Carrizo Oil & Gas (CRZO): CRZO stock is down 4.0% today.
- Exxon Mobil Corp (XOM): XOM stock is down 3.9% today.
- Helix Energy Solutions Group (HLX): HLX stock is down 3.8% today.
- Newpark Resources (NR): NR stock is down 3.8% today.
- Rosetta Resources Inc (ROSE): ROSE stock is down 3.7% today.
- Crestwood Equity Partners LP (CEQP): CEQP stock is down 3.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.