Energy stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street on Tuesday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.8%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.3%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.4% higher and the S&P 500 rose 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Helix Energy Solutions Group (HLX): HLX stock is up 8.2% today.
- Apache Corp (APA): APA stock is up 4.2% today.
- Interoil Corp (IOC): IOC stock is up 5.1% today.
- Yanzhou Coal Mining Company (YZC): YZC stock is up 3.7% today.
- Peabody Energy Corp (BTU): BTU stock is up 2.9% today.
- China Petroleum & Chemical Corp (SNP): SNP stock is up 2.9% today.
- Petrochina Company Limited (PTR): PTR stock is up 2.3% today.
- McDermott International (MDR): MDR stock is up 2.3% today.
- Rowan Companies (RDC): RDC stock is up 1.9% today.
- C&J Energy Services Inc (CJES): CJES stock is up 1.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Gulfport Energy Corp (GPOR): GPOR stock is down 2.4% today.
- Cabot Oil & Gas Corp (COG): COG stock is down 1.4% today.
- Goodrich Petroleum Corp (GDP): GDP stock is down 0.9% today.
- Eqt Corp (EQT): EQT stock is down 1.3% today.
- Penn Virginia Corp (PVA): PVA stock is down 0.8% today.
- Key Energy Services (KEG): KEG stock is down 0.9% today and down 22.1% in the last month.
- Kosmos Energy Ltd (KOS): KOS stock is down 0.7% today.
- Pdc Energy Inc (PDCE): PDCE stock is down 0.6% today.
- Diamondback Energy Inc (FANG): FANG stock is down 0.8% today.
- Comstock Resources (CRK): CRK stock is down 0.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.