Energy stocks finished up 1.5% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.4%, the Nasdaq rose 0.4% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.4% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Oasis Petroleum Inc (OAS): OAS stock is up 3.6% today.
- Alliance Resource Partners L.P. (ARLP): ARLP stock is up 3.4%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Weatherford International Ltd (WFT): WFT stock is up 3.2% today.
- Eog Resources (EOG): EOG stock is up 3.2% today.
- BP Prudhoe Bay Royalty Trust (BPT): BPT stock is up 3.2% today.
- Cimarex Energy Co (XEC): XEC stock is up 3.2% today.
- Helmerich & Payne (HP): HP stock is up 2.9% today.
- Newfield Exploration Company (NFX): NFX stock is up 2.9% today.
- RPC Inc (RES): RES stock is up 2.9% today.
- Targa Resources Partners LP (NGLS): NGLS stock is up 2.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Rose Rock Midstream L.P. (RRMS): RRMS stock is down 1.2% today.
- Exco Resources NL (XCO): XCO stock is down 1.1% today.
- Cosan Limited (CZZ): CZZ stock is down 0.7% today.
- Ev Energy Partners L.P. (EVEP): EVEP stock is down 0.6% today.
- Questar Corp (STR): STR stock is down 0.4% today.
- Ultra Petroleum (UPL): UPL stock is down 0.4% today.
- Martin Midstream Partners L.P. (MMLP): MMLP stock is down 0.2% today.
- Yanzhou Coal Mining Company (YZC): YZC stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.