Energy stocks rose broadly on Wall Street so far on Monday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.6%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.5% higher, the Nasdaq rose 0.5% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.5% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Whiting Petroleum Corp (WLL): WLL stock is up 6.4% to a new 52-week high of $83.57.
- Kodiak Oil (KOG): KOG stock is up 5.2% to a new 52-week high of $14.97.
- Matador Resources Company (MTDR): MTDR stock is up 2.6% today.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR): PBR stock is up 3.4% today.
- Diamondback Energy Inc (FANG): FANG stock is up 2.8% today.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR.A): PBR.A stock is up 3.3% today.
- Pioneer Energy Services Corp (PES): PES stock is up 2.6% today.
- Penn Virginia Corp (PVA): PVA stock is up 2.2% today.
- Weatherford International Ltd (WFT): WFT stock is up 2.3% today.
- Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI): CWEI stock is up 2.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Compagnie Generale De Gephysqu (CGG): CGG stock is down 2.3% to a new 52-week low of $11.76.
- Calumet Specialty Products (CLMT): CLMT stock is down 0.4% today.
- Western Refining (WNR): WNR stock is down 1.0% today.
- BP Prudhoe Bay Royalty Trust (BPT): BPT stock is down 1.2% today.
- Valero Energy Corp (VLO): VLO stock is down 0.7% today.
- Alliance Resource Partners L.P. (ARLP): ARLP stock is down 0.2% today and down 48.6% in the last month.
- Tesoro Petroleum Corp (TSO): TSO stock is down 0.8% today.
- Hollyfrontier Corp (HFC): HFC stock is down 0.8% today.
- Marathon Petroleum Corp (MPC): MPC stock is down 0.5% today.
- Frank’s International N.V. (FI): FI stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.