Energy stocks advanced 0.6% on Wall Street on Wednesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.3%, the Nasdaq was up 0.6% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.3% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Ypf Sociedad Anonima (YPF): YPF stock is up 12.2% today.
- Petrobras Argentina S.A. (PZE): PZE stock is up 9.8% today.
- Hess Corp (HES): HES stock is up 4.3% today.
- Sm Energy Company (SM): SM stock is up 3.8% today.
- Cenovus Energy Inc (CVE): CVE stock is up 3.2% today.
- Pdc Energy Inc (PDCE): PDCE stock is up 3.0% today.
- Anadarko Petroleum Corp (APC): APC stock is up 2.7% today.
- China Petroleum & Chemical Corp (SNP): SNP stock is up 2.1% today.
- Interoil Corp (IOC): IOC stock is up 2.1% today.
- Bill Barrett Corp (BBG): BBG stock is up 1.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Penn West Petroleum Ltd (PWE): PWE stock is down 12.5% today.
- Exco Resources NL (XCO): XCO stock is down 3.2% today.
- Dril-Quip (DRQ): DRQ stock is down 2.6%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Newfield Exploration Company (NFX): NFX stock is down 2.5% today.
- Legacy Reserves LP (LGCY): LGCY stock is down 2.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Yanzhou Coal Mining Company (YZC): YZC stock is down 2.3% today.
- Totalfinaelf S.A. (TOT): TOT stock is down 2.2% today.
- Genesis Energy L.P. (GEL): GEL stock is down 1.3% today.
- Royal Dutch Shell (RDS.B): RDS.B stock is down 1.0% today.
- Eni S.P.A. (E): E stock is down 1.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.