Financial stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street so far on Tuesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.4%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.5% higher and the S&P 500 increased 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Cit Group Inc [Del] (CIT): CIT stock is up 11.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Brown & Brown (BRO): BRO stock is up 3.9% today.
- Grupo Financiero Galicia S.A. (GGAL): GGAL stock is up 3.3% today.
- China Life Insurance Company Limited (LFC): LFC stock is up 2.8% today.
- Hdfc Bank Limited (HDB): HDB stock is up 2.3% today.
- Molina Healthcare Inc (MOH): MOH stock is up 2.3% today.
- Woori Finance Holdings Co Ltd (WF): WF stock is up 2.0% today.
- Banco Macro S.A. (BMA): BMA stock is up 1.7% today and up 24.0% in the last month.
- Firstmerit Corp (FMER): FMER stock is up 1.7% today.
- Banco Santander-Chile Ads (BSAC): BSAC stock is up 1.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Bancorpsouth Inc (BXS): BXS stock is down 8.2% today.
- The Travelers Companies Inc (TRV): TRV stock is down 3.9% today.
- Credit Suisse Group (CS): CS stock is down 2.9% today.
- Signature Bank (SBNY): SBNY stock is down 2.7% today.
- Union First Market Bankshares Corp (UBSH): UBSH stock is down 1.3% today.
- Suntrust Banks (STI): STI stock is down 1.5% today.
- The Hanover Insurance Group (THG): THG stock is down 1.5% today.
- Chubb Corp (CB): CB stock is down 1.4% today.
- State Street Corp (STT): STT stock is down 1.2% today.
- First Interstate Bancsystem (FIBK): FIBK stock is down 1.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.