Financial stocks remained flat on Wednesday morning on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed level, the Nasdaq pushed 0.2% higher and the S&P 500 stayed consistent.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Financial Engines (FNGN): FNGN stock is up 1.7% today.
- Bank of America Corp (BAC): BAC stock is up 2.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- China Life Insurance Company Limited (LFC): LFC stock is up 2.2% today.
- Governor and Company of The Bank of Ireland (IRE): IRE stock is up 1.9% today.
- Prospect Capital Corp (PSEC): PSEC stock is up 1.6%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Hdfc Bank Limited (HDB): HDB stock is up 1.5% to a new 52-week high of $49.15.
- Radian Group Inc (RDN): RDN stock is up 1.4% today.
- United Community Banks (UCBI): UCBI stock is up 0.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Barclays Plc (BCS): BCS stock is up 1.4% today.
- Icici Bank Limited (IBN): IBN stock is up 1.2%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Torchmark Corp (TMK): TMK stock is down 33.4% today and down 32.8% in the last month.
- Bbva Banco Frances S.A. (BFR): BFR stock is down 1.5% today.
- Banco Santander Brasil Sa (BSBR): BSBR stock is down 1.0% today.
- Annaly Capital Management Inc (NLY): NLY stock is down 1.3% today.
- MBIA Inc (MBI): MBI stock is down 1.4%, marking the 10th consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Eaton Vance Tax-Managed Diversified Equity (ETY): ETY stock is down 1.3% today.
- First Bancorp (FBP): FBP stock is down 1.4% today.
- Duff & Phelps Utilities Income (DNP): DNP stock is down 1.2% today.
- Administradora De Fondos De Pensiones (PVD): PVD stock is down 1.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.