Financial stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street on Monday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.6%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.5% higher, the Nasdaq was up 0.6% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Och-Ziff Capital Management (OZM): OZM stock is up 4.0% today.
- Onebeacon Insurance Group (OB): OB stock is up 2.6% today.
- National Bank of Greece Sa (NBG): NBG stock is up 2.3% today.
- Greenlight Capital Re (GLRE): GLRE stock is up 2.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Ocwen Financial Corp (OCN): OCN stock is up 2.1% today.
- Marketaxess Holdings (MKTX): MKTX stock is up 2.1% today.
- Manulife Financial Corp (MFC): MFC stock is up 2.1% today.
- Wellpoint Health Networks Inc (WLP): WLP stock is up 2.0% today.
- MBIA Inc (MBI): MBI stock is up 1.8% today.
- Banco Santander Brasil Sa (BSBR): BSBR stock is up 1.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Tfs Financial Corp (TFSL): TFSL stock is down 1.2% today.
- Cit Group Inc [Del] (CIT): CIT stock is down 1.2% today.
- E*Trade Financial Corp (ETFC): ETFC stock is down 1.2% today.
- Bgc Partners (BGCP): BGCP stock is down 1.1% today.
- Valley National Bancorp (VLY): VLY stock is down 0.8% today.
- First Citizens Bancshares (FCNCA): FCNCA stock is down 0.6% today.
- Financial Engines (FNGN): FNGN stock is down 0.6% today and down 20.3% in the last month.
- Corpbanca (BCA): BCA stock is down 0.6% today.
- Zions Bancorporation (ZION): ZION stock is down 0.6% today.
- TCF Financial Corp (TCB): TCB stock is down 0.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.