Healthcare stocks rose broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.8%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.2%, the Nasdaq was up 0.6% and the S&P 500 increased 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Ariad Pharmaceuticals (ARIA): ARIA stock is up 15.3% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Keryx Biopharmaceuticals (KERX): KERX stock is up 3.3% today.
- Incyte Corp (INCY): INCY stock is up 2.2% today.
- Haemonetics Corp (HAE): HAE stock is up 1.7% today.
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals International (VRX): VRX stock is up 1.7% today.
- Actavis Inc (ACT): ACT stock is up 1.5% today.
- Idexx Laboratories (IDXX): IDXX stock is up 1.5% today.
- C.R. Bard (BCR): BCR stock is up 1.4% today.
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals (REGN): REGN stock is up 1.4% today.
- Clovis Oncology Inc (CLVS): CLVS stock is up 1.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- NPS Pharmaceuticals (NPSP): NPSP stock is down 1.3% today.
- Greatbatch (GB): GB stock is down 1.3% today.
- Lannett Co Inc (LCI): LCI stock is down 1.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Thoratec Corp (THOR): THOR stock is down 0.9% today.
- Select Medical Holdings Corp (SEM): SEM stock is down 0.8% today.
- Mednax Inc (MD): MD stock is down 0.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Merck & Company (MRK): MRK stock is down 0.5% today.
- Steris Corp (STE): STE stock is down 0.5% today.
- Healthsouth Corp (HLS): HLS stock is down 0.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.