Healthcare stocks rose broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.5%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.6% higher and the S&P 500 was up 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Exact Sciences Corp (EXAS): EXAS stock is up 2.0% today and up 20.3% in the last month.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc (TMO): TMO stock is up 1.7% today.
- Sirona Dental Systems (SIRO): SIRO stock is up 1.6% to a new 52-week high of $84.80.
- Mwi Veterinary Supply (MWIV): MWIV stock is up 1.5% today.
- Amgen Inc (AMGN): AMGN stock is up 1.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Pacira Pharmaceuticals (PCRX): PCRX stock is up 1.4% today.
- Msa Safety Inc. (MSA): MSA stock is up 1.4% to a new 52-week high of $61.02.
- Neurocrine Biosciences (NBIX): NBIX stock is up 1.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Thoratec Corp (THOR): THOR stock is up 1.3% today.
- Halozyme Therapeutics (HALO): HALO stock is up 1.3% today and up 26.2% in the last month.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Taro Pharm Inds (TARO): TARO stock is down 0.9% today.
- Allergan Inc (AGN): AGN stock is down 0.8% today.
- Community Health Systems (CYH): CYH stock is down 0.7% today.
- Examworks Group (EXAM): EXAM stock is down 0.4% today.
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ): JNJ stock is down 0.4% today.
- Davita Healthcare Partners Inc (DVA): DVA stock is down 0.4% today.
- Smith & Nephew Snats (SNN): SNN stock is down 0.3% today.
- Endo Pharmaceuticals Holdings Inc (ENDP): ENDP stock is down 0.3% today.
- C.R. Bard (BCR): BCR stock is down 0.3% today.
- Lifepoint Hospitals (LPNT): LPNT stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.