Healthcare stocks rose broadly on Wall Street so far on Monday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.5%, the Nasdaq was up 0.5% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Myriad Genetics (MYGN): MYGN stock is up 3.0% today.
- Mylan Inc (MYL): MYL stock is up 2.7% today.
- Questcor Pharmaceuticals (QCOR): QCOR stock is up 2.4% today.
- Centene Corp (CNC): CNC stock is up 2.3% today.
- Wellcare Group (WCG): WCG stock is up 1.9% today.
- Shire Plc American Depositary Shares (SHPG): SHPG stock is up 1.9% to a new 52-week high of $253.74.
- Quest Diagnostics Inc (DGX): DGX stock is up 1.5% today.
- Hanger Orthopedic Group (HGR): HGR stock is up 1.0% today.
- Salix Pharmaceuticals (SLXP): SLXP stock is up 2.1% today.
- Keryx Biopharmaceuticals (KERX): KERX stock is up 2.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Ariad Pharmaceuticals (ARIA): ARIA stock is down 2.5% today.
- Puma Biotechnology (PBYI): PBYI stock is down 1.8% today.
- NPS Pharmaceuticals (NPSP): NPSP stock is down 1.5% today.
- Seattle Genetics (SGEN): SGEN stock is down 1.5% today.
- Nektar Therapeutics (NKTR): NKTR stock is down 1.4% today.
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc (VRTX): VRTX stock is down 1.4% today.
- Ligand Pharmaceuticals Inc (LGND): LGND stock is down 1.0% today.
- Perrigo Company (PRGO): PRGO stock is down 1.3% today.
- Mannkind Corp (MNKD): MNKD stock is down 1.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.