Services stocks rose 0.5% on Wall Street on Tuesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.4% higher, the Nasdaq climbed 0.6% and the S&P 500 was up 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Gannett Co. (GCI): GCI stock is up 4.8% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Walter Investment Management Corp (WAC): WAC stock is up 4.8% today.
- Carter’s Inc (CRI): CRI stock is up 3.9% today.
- Weight Watchers International Inc (WTW): WTW stock is up 2.9% today.
- Oi S.A. Ads (OIBR): OIBR stock is up 2.9% today.
- MGM Resorts International (MGM): MGM stock is up 2.8% today.
- Six Flags Entertainment Corp (SIX): SIX stock is up 2.7% today.
- Rite Aid Corp (RAD): RAD stock is up 2.7% today.
- M.D.C. Partners Inc (MDCA): MDCA stock is up 2.7% today.
- Rent-A-Center Inc (RCII): RCII stock is up 2.6% today on 3 times normal volume.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- Monro Muffler Brake (MNRO): MNRO stock is down 1.9% today.
- Lamar Advertising Company (LAMR): LAMR stock is down 1.6% today.
- Group 1 Automotive (GPI): GPI stock is down 1.3% today.
- Kohl’s Corp (KSS): KSS stock is down 1.2% today.
- Family Dollar Stores (FDO): FDO stock is down 1.2% today.
- Ann Inc (ANN): ANN stock is down 1.2% today.
- American Realty Capital Propert (ARCP): ARCP stock is down 1.1% today.
- Dish Network Corp (DISH): DISH stock is down 1.1% today.
- Telephone and Data Systems (TDS): TDS stock is down 1.1% today.
- Dick’s Sporting Goods Inc (DKS): DKS stock is down 1.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.