Services stocks rose 1.0% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.7% higher, the Nasdaq was up 1.1% and the S&P 500 rose 0.7%.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Vipshop Holdings Limited (VIPS): VIPS stock is up 4.2% to a new 52-week high of $195.59.
- St. Joe Company (JOE): JOE stock is up 3.1% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Tal Education Group (XRS): XRS stock is up 2.9% today and up 23.1% in the last month.
- Core-Mark Holding Company (CORE): CORE stock is up 2.8% today.
- Media General (MEG): MEG stock is up 2.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Moody’s Corp (MCO): MCO stock is up 2.7% to a new 52-week high of $90.05.
- The Finish Line (FINL): FINL stock is up 2.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Redwood Trust (RWT): RWT stock is up 2.6% today.
- Red Robin Gourmet Burgers (RRGB): RRGB stock is up 2.5% today.
- Lasalle Hotel Properties (LHO): LHO stock is up 2.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- Starwood Property Trust (STWD): STWD stock is down 3.5% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Barnes & Noble (BKS): BKS stock is down 2.0% today.
- Restoration Hardware Holdings (RH): RH stock is down 1.9% today.
- Makemytrip Limited (MMYT): MMYT stock is down 1.9% today.
- Family Dollar Stores (FDO): FDO stock is down 1.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Telephone and Data Systems (TDS): TDS stock is down 1.7% today.
- Zillow Inc. Cl A (Z): Z stock is down 1.6% today.
- Hatteras Financial Corp (HTS): HTS stock is down 1.5% today.
- Capstead Mortgage Corp (CMO): CMO stock is down 1.4% today.
- United States Cellular Corp (USM): USM stock is down 1.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.