Technology stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street on Friday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.5%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.4%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.7% and the S&P 500 rose 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among technology stocks include:
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS): SWKS stock is up 10.9% today.
- Triquint Semiconductor (TQNT): TQNT stock is up 6.2% today.
- RF Micro Devices (RFMD): RFMD stock is up 6.1% today.
- Alcatel Lucent (ALU): ALU stock is up 5.4% today.
- Electronics For Imaging (EFII): EFII stock is up 4.1% today.
- Avago Technologies (AVGO): AVGO stock is up 3.0% today.
- Blackberry Limited (BBRY): BBRY stock is up 3.3% today.
- Cypress Semiconductor Corp (CY): CY stock is up 2.8% today.
- Integrated Device Technology (IDTI): IDTI stock is up 2.5% today.
- Siliconware Precision Industries Company Ltd (SPIL): SPIL stock is up 2.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among technology stocks include:
- Advanced Micro Devices (AMD): AMD stock is down 18.4% today.
- Cepheid (CPHD): CPHD stock is down 9.1%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Athenahealth (ATHN): ATHN stock is down 6.7% today.
- Nvidia Corp (NVDA): NVDA stock is down 2.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Rogers Corp (ROG): ROG stock is down 2.5%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Igate Corp (IGTE): IGTE stock is down 2.3% today.
- Seagate Technology. (STX): STX stock is down 1.5% today.
- Wns Limited (WNS): WNS stock is down 1.0% today.
- Renren Inc (RENN): RENN stock is down 1.2% today.
- Internet Initiative Japan (IIJI): IIJI stock is down 1.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.