Transportation stocks rose broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.1%, the Nasdaq increased 0.6% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- United Continental Holdings (UAL): UAL stock is up 1.2% today.
- Canadian Pacific Railway (CP): CP stock is up 0.5% today.
- CSX Corp (CSX): CSX stock is up 0.5% today.
- United Parcel Service (UPS): UPS stock is up 0.4% today.
- Amerco (UHAL): UHAL stock is up 0.4% today.
- Guangshen Railway Company (GSH): GSH stock is up 0.3% today.
- Seaspan Corp (SSW): SSW stock is up 0.3% today.
- Fedex Corp (FDX): FDX stock is up 0.3% today.
- Kansas City Southern (KSU): KSU stock is up 0.2% today.
- Canadian National Railway Company (CNI): CNI stock is up 0.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among transportation stocks include:
- Roadrunner Transportation Systems Inc (RRTS): RRTS stock is down 1.4% today.
- Hub Group (HUBG): HUBG stock is down 1.0% today.
- Seacor Smit Inc (CKH): CKH stock is down 0.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Allegiant Travel Company (ALGT): ALGT stock is down 0.7% today.
- Delta Air Lines Inc (DAL): DAL stock is down 0.6% today.
- Expeditors International of Washington (EXPD): EXPD stock is down 0.4% today.
- Latam Airlines Group Sa (LFL): LFL stock is down 0.4% today.
- Landstar System (LSTR): LSTR stock is down 0.2% today.
- Genesee & Wyoming (GWR): GWR stock is down 0.2% today.
- Copa Holdings S.A. (CPA): CPA stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.