Transportation stocks fell broadly on Wall Street on Thursday morning, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.9%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.9%, the Nasdaq was down 1.3% and the S&P 500 fell 0.9%.
Only one stock in the transportation sectors showed gains:
- United Continental Holdings (UAL): UAL stock is up 4.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among transportation stocks include:
- Alaska Air Group (ALK): ALK stock is down 51.2% to a new 52-week low of $47.26.
- Gaslog Ltd (GLOG): GLOG stock is down 4.0%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Dryships Inc (DRYS): DRYS stock is down 2.6% today.
- Hornbeck Offshore Services (HOS): HOS stock is down 2.5%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- American Railcar Industries (ARII): ARII stock is down 3.9% today.
- Hub Group (HUBG): HUBG stock is down 2.1% today.
- Swift Transportation Company (SWFT): SWFT stock is down 2.4% today.
- Taminco Corporation Common Stoc (TAM): TAM stock is down 1.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Mobile Mini (MINI): MINI stock is down 2.6%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- China Eastern Airlines Corp Ltd (CEA): CEA stock is down 1.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.