Utilities stocks declined 0.3% on Wall Street on Wednesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.3%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.5% higher and the S&P 500 was up 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Companhia Paranaense De Energia (ELP): ELP stock is up 1.4% today.
- Comp En De Mn Cemig Ads (CIG): CIG stock is up 1.2% today.
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is up 1.4% today.
- Cpfl Energia S.A. (CPL): CPL stock is up 0.4% today.
- Targa Resources (TRGP): TRGP stock is up 0.6% today.
- Cia De Saneamento Basico Do Estado (SBS): SBS stock is up 0.7% today.
- Cheniere Energy (LNG): LNG stock is up 0.4% today.
- Cheniere Energy Partners LP (CQP): CQP stock is up 0.3% today.
- PPL Corp (PPL): PPL stock is up 0.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Vectren Corp (VVC): VVC stock is down 1.6% today.
- Public Service Enterprise Group Inc (PEG): PEG stock is down 1.0% today.
- Calpine Corp (CPN): CPN stock is down 1.0% today.
- Northwestern Corp (NWE): NWE stock is down 0.9% today.
- Black Hills Corp (BKH): BKH stock is down 0.8% today.
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York (ED): ED stock is down 0.9% today.
- South Jersey Industries (SJI): SJI stock is down 0.6% today.
- Hawaiian Electric Industries (HE): HE stock is down 0.5% today.
- Newjersey Resources Corp (NJR): NJR stock is down 0.5% today.
- Atmos Energy Corp (ATO): ATO stock is down 0.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.