Utilities stocks finished down 0.3% on Wall Street on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.4% higher, the Nasdaq climbed 0.7% and the S&P 500 increased 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Enterprise Products Partners L.P. (EPD): EPD stock is up 1.6% today.
- Western Gas Partners LP (WES): WES stock is up 1.6% today.
- Kinder Morgan Energy Partners L.P. (KMP): KMP stock is up 1.3% today.
- Dcp Midstream Partners LP (DPM): DPM stock is up 1.3% today.
- El Paso Pipeline Partners LP (EPB): EPB stock is up 0.8% today.
- Energy Transfer Partners (ETP): ETP stock is up 0.7% today.
- Spectra Energy Corp (SE): SE stock is up 0.7% today.
- NiSource Inc (NI): NI stock is up 0.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Energy Transfer Equity LP (ETE): ETE stock is up 0.6% today.
- Ormat Technologies (ORA): ORA stock is up 0.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Pinnacle West Capital Corp (PNW): PNW stock is down 0.8% today.
- Dte Energy Company (DTE): DTE stock is down 0.7% today.
- California Water Service Group Holding (CWT): CWT stock is down 0.7% today.
- American States Water Company (AWR): AWR stock is down 0.7% today.
- Northwest Natural Gas Company (NWN): NWN stock is down 0.7% today.
- Allete Inc (ALE): ALE stock is down 0.5% today.
- Westar Energy (WR): WR stock is down 0.5% today.
- Mge Energy Inc (MGEE): MGEE stock is down 0.5% today.
- PNM Resources Inc (PNM): PNM stock is down 0.5% today.
- Avista Corp (AVA): AVA stock is down 0.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.