Utilities stocks fell 0.8% on Wall Street so far on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed consistent, the Nasdaq climbed 0.1% and the S&P 500 stayed the same.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Huaneng Power Intl (HNP): HNP stock is up 2.8% to a new 52-week high of $46.63.
- Atlas Energy Llc (ATLS): ATLS stock is up 0.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Targa Resources (TRGP): TRGP stock is up 0.9% today and up 21.8% in the last month.
- Boardwalk Pipeline Partners L.P. (BWP): BWP stock is up 1.7% today.
- One Gas Inc. (OGS): OGS stock is up 0.6% today.
- Transalta Corp (TAC): TAC stock is up 1.1% today.
- National Grid Transco Plc (NGG): NGG stock is up 1.0% to a new 52-week high of $75.98.
- Clean Energy Fuels (CLNE): CLNE stock is up 0.3% today.
- Empresa Nacional De Electricidad S.A. (EOC): EOC stock is up 0.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Comp En De Mn Cemig Ads (CIG): CIG stock is down 1.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Abengoa Yield Plc (ABY): ABY stock is down 1.5%, marking the eighth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Companhia Paranaense De Energia (ELP): ELP stock is down 1.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Firstenergy Corp (FE): FE stock is down 2.1% today.
- Exelon Corp (EXC): EXC stock is down 1.7% today.
- El Paso Pipeline Partners LP (EPB): EPB stock is down 2.3% today.
- Uil Holdings Corp (UIL): UIL stock is down 1.5% today.
- Cia De Saneamento Basico Do Estado (SBS): SBS stock is down 1.3% today.
- Cms Energy Corp (CMS): CMS stock is down 1.3% today.
- Entergy Corp (ETR): ETR stock is down 1.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.