Utilities stocks finished up 0.5% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.3%, the Nasdaq was down 0.3% and the S&P 500 fell 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Sempra Energy (SRE): SRE stock is up 0.7% today.
- Wisconsin Energy Corp (WEC): WEC stock is up 0.6% today.
- Boardwalk Pipeline Partners L.P. (BWP): BWP stock is up 0.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Ugi Corp (UGI): UGI stock is up 0.5% today.
- Newjersey Resources Corp (NJR): NJR stock is up 0.5% today.
- Southern Company (SO): SO stock is up 0.5% today.
- Northwestern Corp (NWE): NWE stock is up 0.4% today.
- Westar Energy (WR): WR stock is up 0.4% today.
- Xcel Energy Inc (XEL): XEL stock is up 0.4% today.
- Vectren Corp (VVC): VVC stock is up 0.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Dcp Midstream Partners LP (DPM): DPM stock is down 1.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Enterprise Products Partners L.P. (EPD): EPD stock is down 1.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- American States Water Company (AWR): AWR stock is down 1.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Cheniere Energy Partners LP (CQP): CQP stock is down 1.2% today.
- California Water Service Group Holding (CWT): CWT stock is down 1.1% today.
- Brookfield Infrastructure Partners LP (BIP): BIP stock is down 1.1% today.
- Targa Resources (TRGP): TRGP stock is down 1.0% today.
- Williams Partners L.P. (WPZ): WPZ stock is down 0.9% today.
- Western Gas Partners LP (WES): WES stock is down 0.8% today.
- National Grid Transco Plc (NGG): NGG stock is down 0.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.