Utilities stocks rose broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed level, the Nasdaq stayed consistent and the S&P 500 was unchanged.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Xcel Energy Inc (XEL): XEL stock is up 1.7% today.
- Northeast Utilities (NU): NU stock is up 1.7% today.
- Duke Energy Corp (DUK): DUK stock is up 1.6% today.
- Uil Holdings Corp (UIL): UIL stock is up 1.6% today.
- Westar Energy (WR): WR stock is up 1.6% today.
- Sempra Energy (SRE): SRE stock is up 1.5% today.
- Edison International (EIX): EIX stock is up 1.5% today.
- Idacorp Inc (IDA): IDA stock is up 1.5% today.
- Oge Energy Corp (OGE): OGE stock is up 1.5% today.
- Pinnacle West Capital Corp (PNW): PNW stock is up 1.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- El Paso Pipeline Partners LP (EPB): EPB stock is down 0.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- National Fuel Gas Company (NFG): NFG stock is down 0.3% today.
- Kinder Morgan (KMI): KMI stock is down 0.3% today.
- Kinder Morgan Energy Partners L.P. (KMP): KMP stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.