Some Facebook comments claim that Dinesh D’Souza’s America was removed from Costco’s store shelves due to the author’s conservative beliefs. Jim Sinegal, CEO of the retail chain, is an Obama supporter and donated $20 million to Democrats during the 2012 campaigns, reports Breitbart News.
Here are a few Facebook comments from Costco’s page concerning the removal of America.
- “Cut up my Costco card in protest. I don’t need to shop there. I will spend my money elsewhere.”
- “Never will I spend another dime at Costco unless they allow the bestseller book America on the shelves!”
- “Another censorship-loving, anti-American company.”
- “Apparently Costco supports the Socialist form of government and wants to shut up anyone who disagrees.”
- “We are allowed to read what we want as we are allowed to buy where we want. You are not the only big box store on the block.”
Following the Facebook controversy, Costco has decided to start carrying America again.