Basic materials stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.7%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.4%, the Nasdaq increased 0.4% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.4% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Cameco Corp (CCJ): CCJ stock is up 5.1% today.
- Cvr Partners LP Common Units R (UAN): UAN stock is up 3.3% today.
- AK Steel Holding Corp (AKS): AKS stock is up 3.2% today and up 23.7% in the last month.
- Dominion Diamond Corp (DDC): DDC stock is up 2.5% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Stillwater Mining Company (SWC): SWC stock is up 2.2% today.
- Teck Resources Ltd (TCK): TCK stock is up 2.2% today.
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is up 2.1% today.
- Arcelormittal (MT): MT stock is up 2.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Steel Dynamics (STLD): STLD stock is up 2.0% today.
- Harmony Gold Mining Co. Ltd (HMY): HMY stock is up 2.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Albemarle Corp (ALB): ALB stock is down 1.4% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Curtiss-Wright Corp (CW): CW stock is down 1.2% today.
- Olin Corp (OLN): OLN stock is down 1.1% today.
- Silgan Holdings (SLGN): SLGN stock is down 0.8% today.
- Aptargroup (ATR): ATR stock is down 0.7% today.
- Precision Castparts Corp (PCP): PCP stock is down 0.7% today.
- Crown Cork & Seal Company (CCK): CCK stock is down 0.7% today.
- Celanese Corp (CE): CE stock is down 0.6% today.
- Sonoco Products Company (SON): SON stock is down 0.5% today.
- Greif Bros. Corp (GEF.B): GEF.B stock is down 0.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.