Basic materials stocks finished down on Wall Street today, down 0.5%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was steady, the Nasdaq was up 0.4% and the S&P 500 stayed consistent.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Graphic Packaging Holding Company (GPK): GPK stock is up 1.0% today.
- Fibria Celulose S.A. (FBR): FBR stock is up 0.9% today.
- Curtiss-Wright Corp (CW): CW stock is up 0.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Precision Castparts Corp (PCP): PCP stock is up 0.7% today.
- Actuant Corp (ATU): ATU stock is up 0.6% today.
- Clearwater Paper Corp (CLW): CLW stock is up 0.6% today.
- Kaiser Aluminum Corp (KALU): KALU stock is up 0.6% today.
- Enpro Industries (NPO): NPO stock is up 0.6% today.
- RBC Bearings Inc (ROLL): ROLL stock is up 0.4% today.
- Praxair (PX): PX stock is up 0.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Allegheny Technologies Inc (ATI): ATI stock is down 3.3%, marking the eighth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Sociedad Quimica Y Minera S.A. (SQM): SQM stock is down 3.1% today.
- Owens-Illinois (OI): OI stock is down 2.8% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Cliffs Natural Resources Inc (CLF): CLF stock is down 2.2% today.
- Valhi Inc (VHI): VHI stock is down 2.1% today.
- DOW Chemical Company (DOW): DOW stock is down 1.8%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- W.R. Grace & Company (GRA): GRA stock is down 1.8% today.
- Polyone Corp (POL): POL stock is down 1.6% today.
- Goldcorp Inc (GG): GG stock is down 1.6% today.
- Grupo Simec S.A. De C.V. (SIM): SIM stock is down 1.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.