Basic materials stocks declined broadly on Wall Street so far on Tuesday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.5%, the Nasdaq was down 0.7% and the S&P 500 declined 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Harmony Gold Mining Co. Ltd (HMY): HMY stock is up 4.1% today.
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is up 3.3% today.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is up 3.0% today.
- Sasol Ltd (SSL): SSL stock is up 1.8% today.
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is up 2.2% today.
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is up 1.8% today.
- Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited (AEM): AEM stock is up 1.6% today and up 26.0% in the last month.
- Iamgold Corp (IAG): IAG stock is up 1.5% today.
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is up 1.7% today.
- Royal Gold (RGLD): RGLD stock is up 1.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Kapstone Paper and Packaging Corp (KS): KS stock is down 4.1% today.
- Curtiss-Wright Corp (CW): CW stock is down 1.6% today.
- Ferro Corp (FOE): FOE stock is down 1.5% today.
- Encore Wire Corp (WIRE): WIRE stock is down 1.1% today.
- Polypore International Inc (PPO): PPO stock is down 1.7% today.
- Valhi Inc (VHI): VHI stock is down 1.4% today.
- Georgia Gulf Corp (AXLL): AXLL stock is down 1.3% today.
- Methanex Corp (MEOH): MEOH stock is down 1.2% today.
- Arcelormittal (MT): MT stock is down 1.3% today.
- DOW Chemical Company (DOW): DOW stock is down 1.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.