Basic materials stocks finished down 2.0% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 2.0%, the Nasdaq fell 2.0% and the S&P 500 declined 2.0%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Murphy USA Inc. Common Stock Wh (MUSA): MUSA stock is up 0.7% today.
- Hudbay Minerals Inc (HBM): HBM stock is up 0.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Clearwater Paper Corp (CLW): CLW stock is up 0.1% today.
- Fibria Celulose S.A. (FBR): FBR stock is up 0.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Polypore International Inc (PPO): PPO stock is down 3.9% today.
- Rockwood Holdings (ROC): ROC stock is down 3.4% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Cytec Industries Inc (CYT): CYT stock is down 3.4% today.
- W.R. Grace & Company (GRA): GRA stock is down 3.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- H. B. Fuller Company (FUL): FUL stock is down 3.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Rexnord Corp (RXN): RXN stock is down 3.2% today.
- Royal Gold (RGLD): RGLD stock is down 3.2% today.
- Allegheny Technologies Inc (ATI): ATI stock is down 3.1%, marking the ninth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Eastman Chemical Company (EMN): EMN stock is down 3.0% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Watts Water Technologies (WTS): WTS stock is down 3.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.